Add & Remove Programmes

Jazzman101 20:28 30 Jun 03

I have just aquired Windows XP and have tried to load my old Adaptec CD Creator 4, which I now know is incompatable.
After uninstalling CD 4 I have tried to install CD Creator 6 recently purchased but am unable to as it says I still have the older version CD4 installed and must uninstall it before installing CD6.
I went into my add & remove programmes to find Adaptec CD4 still installed but with no bytes in reality nothing in it but find just the name will not uninstall.
On going into Windows Explore search it says file C:\DOC..\INDEX.DAT CANNOT BE DELETED please before madness sets in HELP!!!!

graham√ 20:31 30 Jun 03

First job, check in 'Programs' for an uninstall option for CD4.

keith-236785 20:41 30 Jun 03

click here, download and install the program.
then anytime that a uninstall entry doesn't go, use add remove for good to get rid of the entry.

hope this is what you meant and helps

Jazzman101 20:42 30 Jun 03

There is no mention of Adaptec CD4 in the programmes menu

mista 20:57 30 Jun 03

It's a proverbial pain in the butt this one!

You've done the Add/Remove Programs bit?

Next - do a search on your C drive for the following files: CDRTC.dll , CDRAL.dll , CDR4DLL.dll , CDR4VSD.vxd , CDR4VSD.sys - but note that not all files will be found.

Those that are found - rename each to *.old e.g CDR4VSD.vxd becomes CDR4VSD.old

Next,search for Adaptec*.*

Delete Adaptec folders from c:\program files and c:\program files\common files, if found.

The next step involves editing the registry,so if you are comfortable with this:

Go to Start\Run and type 'regedit'. Click on the 'OK' button.

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software. Delete the Adaptec folder.

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software. Delete the Adaptec folder

Exit the registry editor by closing the Regedit window.

Reboot and hopefully CD Creator 6 will go in with no problems.[Says he!]

Jazzman101 21:31 01 Jul 03

Thanks Paperman27 worked a treat also a big thanks for the help of mista and graham.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…