Add remove program list lost

sqn08 15:44 02 Jul 08

Need to delete a load of apps old and new. But some how when removing some malware, I get access denied, might be in use or disk full.

this was a download, so no disk.

Cant access it through add remove as some how the entire history has disappered.

How can I remove applications from the computer which are either constantly on, or un able to trace the path to them.

Can I refresh/rescan the computers apps destinations ?

Its all abit baffling.

Have done full AVG viral; Adaware and Spybot malaware scan, noting seems to be there. But CPU seems very busy?

Any help greatly needed

Ditch999 15:50 02 Jul 08

Chances are part of your registry has been deleted, either by error/fault or a Spyware removal tool. Have you tried a System Restore to a previous point when all your programmes appeared in Add/Remove?
What OS is it?

sqn08 15:55 02 Jul 08

Have not tried the system restore as didn't do one before this problem occured. Always learning after the problems occur.

Did full AVG, Spybot and ad aware scan turned up noting.

XP pro.

Did a sfc scannow today, but still think i have a virus or something in there.

Have all sorts going on.

Is there an easy reg recovery or refresh tool?

mfletch 16:47 02 Jul 08

Download Ccleaner

click here

Restart your computer into safe mode this will only allow the basic software to be loaded to run Windows and will make it easer to remove Viruses>malware>programs

Once in safe mode open Ccleaner and click on tools
there is a uninstall option there

Reboot into SAFE MODE

1/Click Start and then click Turn Off Computer.
2/In the Turn Off Windows dialog box, click Restart, and then click OK.
3/As your computer restarts but before Windows launches, press F8 repeatedly.
4/Use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
5/If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access using the arrow keys, and then press ENTER.
Note: If Windows launches before you can choose a safe mode, restart your computer and try again
PS/ Sometimes it maybe the F5 key

Technotiger 16:49 02 Jul 08

Have not tried the system restore as didn't do one before this problem .......

System Restore should be running all the time in the background, automatically making regular System Restore Points! Unless you have System Restore turned off - not a good policy.

So unless you have turned System Restore off, I would try a System Restore as suggested.

Ditch999 20:34 02 Jul 08

To run System Restore do this
Start>All Programmes>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
Its best to do it in Safe Mode by hitting F8 as you switch on the PC and select Safe Mode.
Pick a date prior to your problems started.

sqn08 10:40 03 Jul 08

Thankyou all was solved when I undid with a fixiit programme. The registery had been wiped out prior to removel of a malware prog.

Ran Ccleaner and boom, everythings back to normal, had 900mb of junk cleaned by ccleaner. What a star.

Thankyou all.

Technotiger 11:30 03 Jul 08

Grreat, thanks for your feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…