add and remove problems

boysie 21:28 13 Aug 05

Hi all!

I seem to be experiencing some problems lately! the one i've got at the moment is when I click on the add and remove folder in control panel nothing happens yeek!

Stuartli 21:34 13 Aug 05

See:

click here

There's probably an answer too in this useful website but not looked through all of it:

click here

There is also supposed to be a utility called Fix Add/Remove - still looking.

Stuartli 21:37 13 Aug 05

Also see information about appwiz.cpl about a fifth of the way down this link:

click here

boysie 21:40 13 Aug 05

many thanks got somewhere to start now,, thanks again

keith-236785 09:06 14 Aug 05

try add remove for good

click here

this is a time limited demo but works just like windows add/remove

boysie 11:58 14 Aug 05

Many thanks for the link Good program! But I still need to sought out the reason Microsoft's add and remove will not open! I get the message that it's populating and thats all! I was going to uninstall sp2 and then re-install xp but I was warned that it would effect some of my running programs that might be risky ! I'll have to keep looking around the web for the answer..when I do I'll post it.

Many thanks again

johnnyrocker 12:00 14 Aug 05

how long do you give it to populate? have you tried system restore?

johnny.

Stuartli 12:10 14 Aug 05

There's also Kelly's Korner:

click here

She is a regular contributor to Microsoft's own Support pages and really knows her stuff as does Doug Knox:

click here

Will need a little bit of work to find what you want if the Microsoft (TinyURL) link I provided above doesn't work.

boysie 12:10 14 Aug 05

I'm not sure ! after 2 or 3 minutes I give up! Normally it's loaded in seconds! I've done system restore, no difference! I might have to resort to a complete format of my hard drive once I've backed up my important stuff. Mmmmm, I have collected a load of rubbish over the months so it may not be a bad thing! It would be nice to know if there was a simple solution though.

many thanks for your input..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…