add printer to bt voyager 2091 wireles network

bantam99 13:59 20 Apr 06

Hi,

I'm looking to connect a printer (not chosen one yet) to my home wireless network. I have an old Win98SE desktop pc connected (via USB as PC has no NIC) to a BT voyager 2091 ADSL router and an XP laptop connected wirelessly.
I'd like to be able to print wirelessly from thre laptop (preferably without having the Win98 machine turned on)- Do I have to buy a print file/print server or can I connect a printer wirelessly (or via the ethernet port)directly to the router?

Any advice appreciated - also on choice of printer, 3-in-1 preferred.

Thanks.

Danoh 09:12 21 Apr 06

A printer which already has network capability (i.e. has an ethernet port and can be addressed via TCP/IP) can be connected directly to your router, but will require setting up (I have not done this myself but know it has been / can be done).
Otherwise you will need a print server to be connected to the router.

Choice of 3-in-1 printers? You mean a combination printer/scanner/fax? Look up reviews in magazines or web sites, then/or post in the Consumerwatch forum.

bantam99 21:22 23 Apr 06

Thanks for the advice, I'll be taking the print server option.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…