Add or Remove Programs

ponytail 09:45 07 Nov 10

Trying to get into add or remove programs on my wifes notepad but only get as far as please wait while the list is being populated it goes no further so I have to come out and keep getting the message this program is not responding just tried it three times everything is working any ideas anyone using XP

ponytail 09:59 07 Nov 10

There is also the wording rund1132.exe which appear with the non responding message.Could this be a virus.

birdface 10:00 07 Nov 10

Try run and type this in.

appwiz.cpl

It should open up add remove.
If still no joy maybe try sfc /scannow into command prompt If windows 7 you do not need the Windows disc not sure what you do on notebooks.

birdface 10:03 07 Nov 10

Looks like it is a virus so maybe time to run your security programs.

click here

ponytail 10:04 07 Nov 10

Found this on google
click here

sunnystaines 10:05 07 Nov 10

may be the program you are deleting has gone duff try and reinstall it and unistall again, try ccleaner to remove it.

a lot of people uninstall difficult programs with revo but i find its not as good as it use to be.

birdface 10:11 07 Nov 10

That was a bad site on your click here so don't download anything from it.
maybe download and use WOT that will warn you of any bad sites and only puts an Icon on your toolbar which changes color for bad sites.
Red being the worst.

This was the warning.

click here

proudfoot 10:16 07 Nov 10

If the problem is not virus related try Revo Uninstaller.
click here
This is a very useful piece of software for any one to have on their PC
This is a far better un-installer than that in Windows. It can be set to search your PC and remove every file associated with the program.
I have used it for many years with no problems, it creates a restore point before removing the software, but make sure your PC makes scheduled restore points each day just in case of a problem

Sea Urchin 10:41 07 Nov 10

Are you sure you don't mean rundll32.exe (L instead of 1 (one)

If so then that is a valid system file, and should be located in Windows\System32

ponytail 10:48 07 Nov 10

Hi buteman did what you said and clicked on run entered what you s and it worked thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…