add or remove programs

jonboy1 19:45 29 Dec 07

I tried recently to remove a program from add / remove in control panel, I found the program was not there..also most of my other programs were missing including all the MicroSoft updates etc..
The update box is ticked.
Could this be as a result of running Registry cleaner recently and CCleaner?? and has it taken out registry links to add / remove ??
System is running XP professional with SP2.
I tried running restore from different dates but that would not run either..
Any suggestions / ideas on how to put my programs back into add / remove will be greatfully received,
Many thanks.

mfletch 19:50 29 Dec 07

Hi, Did you backup of the registry before you deleted anything?

If you did reinstall the backup,

mfletch

jonboy1 20:34 29 Dec 07

Hi mfletch, many thanks for quick response, I tried restoring from restore points but on all occasions system would not restore to an earlier point..
Initially what started this couple of days ago was I purchased Kaspersky Internet Security V7.0 but it would not load, I assumed because other AV progs. were installed,I tried deleting all other AV's first then ran CCleaner and Registry cleaner. I then contacted Kaspersky support and they advised I downloaded a registry file which I did, Kaspersky IS now works Ok...however I am left with the problem of only seeing a few programs in my add / remove file....
Thanks again for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos