add ons

chrisod 19 Apr 12

when i visit some sies i get a pop up saying add on failed to work or something similar not had a problem before with the sites is there anything i can do??

johndrew 19 Apr 12

I presume you are using Firefox; if correct which version and have you updated recently?

chrisod 19 Apr 12

no i`m using i.e.

johndrew 19 Apr 12

OK. Go to the 'gear wheel' in the top right hand of the browser - not in the search screen, right click and select 'Manage Add-ons'. A window will open, select 'Toolbars and Extensions' and then go down to the drop-down menu and select 'All Add-ons'; this will show all you have installed and any that are disabled. To enable/disable select the Add-on and click the Enable/Disable button that appears bottom right.

Also in the bottom left of this Window are two blue coloured links, one for finding more Add-ons and the other to learn more about them. These should solve your problems of browser management.

chrisod 22 Apr 12

hi jondrew tried what you said but still getting a message on 1 site that i use regularly saying add ons failed to run?? strange as never used to pop up saying that..

KRONOS the First 22 Apr 12

chrisod

I get a similar type of problem with my doctors surgery website, each time I visit or change pages I get the pop up at the bottom saying do I want. to run an Microsoft addon I click yes for all sites but I change pages and there it is again. I think that it must be a problem with the website as opposed to my PC. So I have to live with it.

chrisod 22 Apr 12

thats the same messge i get its annoying though

KRONOS the First 22 Apr 12

I agree.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

How Instagram spots trends

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message