Add MS Paint from XP Home to XP Pro

Chegs ® 14:20 05 Jan 04

My daughters puter runs XP Pro,I run XP Home.My daughter is always "kidnapping" my PC as she loves messing with Paint.Is it possible to install Paint from XP Home into Pro?

I can locate MSPAINT.EX_ on the CD,but it wont let me install it onto the puter insisting its "Not a valid Win32 app"

Jester2K 14:23 05 Jan 04

On the Win XP Pro machine, Control panel, Add / Remove Programs, Add / Remove Windows Components, Highlight Acxcessories and Utilities, Click Details, Highlight Accessories, Hit Details, Check Paint and click OK.

BTW MSPAINT.EX_ is a packaged version of the file and can't be run as the error message says...

djwheeler 14:27 05 Jan 04

Paint should be installed in Windows XP Pro under Start, Programs, Accessories. If it isn't there try installing it by going to the Control Panel, Add Remove Programs, Add/Remove Windows Component, highlight Accessories/Utilities and click details, highlight Accessories and click details, and put a tick in the box next to Paint. You will need the CD for this.

Chegs ® 14:40 05 Jan 04

Thanks J2K.Paint is now installed on her puter(my Pro install CD is damaged) via Add/Remove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…