Add more power cables?

soy 00:28 16 May 03

Hi,

Is there anyway to add more power cables to the power supply?

At the moment, i've used up all of my power cables (CD-ROM, hard drives etc) and I want to add just one more device (Fan controller). IS it possible to buy splitters of some sort to split one power cable into 2?

My current Power supply is 250W and I don't really want to but another one.

Zaxifone 00:36 16 May 03

Yup....Here ya go...

click here

Z.

Djohn 00:37 16 May 03

Yes, you can buy a "Y splitter", just connect it to the end of one of your existing power cables and it will then give you two connections, one for the existing device, and one for your new device. J.

soy 00:40 16 May 03

btw,

Is it safe to do this? will it overload the power supply?

Thanks again!

John T

kane_2002k 00:48 16 May 03

and on the spec of ur machine, i.e. don't use an AMD xp 2700+, ATI 9700 pro on 250 watt power supply.

Djohn 00:50 16 May 03

Perfectly safe, the only way you will overload the power supply is if you have everything running at the same time.

If your monitor is plugged into the PSU, then it would be a good idea to buy a separate power lead to connect direct to power supply, this will ease the load on the PSU. J.

soy 00:58 16 May 03

Basically, i'm trying to mod my Evesham PC. What I've done is added a second Hard drive and Light (Cathode). Everything else is pretty much standard. Evesham 2.53 Pentium 4, 512MB, GEforcc Ti4600.

The second hard drive and light used up the 2 remaining power cables that was available.

I now want to add a fan controller to quieten the loud single fan at the back, so buying a Y-splitter is the next step.

PS: I will post a pic of the modded Evesham if you want!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…