add links to my web site

steve263000 12:18 23 May 05

I want to add some more pages to my site, this time to add some history of the area I live in. It goes back to the 5th century, so has plenty of it. As well as that, I would like to invite local people to add there own links to the site if they so wish. Does someone know of the html code that would let me do this? Or do you think it would be safer and more secure just to put a "click here" and my email address in the hyperlink?

Nelmon2k 18:05 23 May 05

You can't really do this in html. There isnt any scripting that will let you do it. If your wanting to use a script you can use something like the following which I use on my own site.

<?php
$name = $_POST["name"];
$subject = $_POST["subject"];

if ($name!="" & $subject!="" & $message!=""){
$entire = "
<p align=\"left\">
<b>Posted By: </b> $name<br>
<b>Link: </b><a href="$link">$link</a><br>
<b>Date: </b>".date("l dS of F Y")."<br>
<br>";

$file = "links.html";
$contents = file_get_contents($file);
$contents = $entire.$contents;

$fp = fopen($file,"w");
fwrite($fp,$contents);
fclose($fp);
echo "<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\" content=\"0;url=click here\">";
}
//echo "$name<br>$subject<br>$message";
//echo date("l dS of F Y");
?>

<form method="post" action="editpage.php">
<table>
<tr><td>Name:</td><td><input type="text" size="50" maxlength="50" name="name"></td></tr>
<tr><td>Date:</td><td><?php echo date("l dS of F Y"); ?></td></tr>
<tr><td>Link:</td><td><input type="text" size="50" maxlength="50" name="link"></td></tr>
<tr><td>Message:</td><td><textarea rows="5" cols="40" name="message" wrap="physical"></textarea></td></tr>
<tr><td coldspan="2"><input type="submit" value="submit" name="submit"></td></tr></table>
</form>

steve263000 05:40 26 May 05

I would like to thank Nelmon for his advice and forum member as well. I did think that this was the way to go, but I though that I would give it a try. I will try out the script that Nelmon put in as soon as I have a moment.( Although when that will be who knows!) Steve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…