Add to IE Favorites manually

Graham. 08:44 01 Nov 06

I wish to add to Favorites a site I can only access from a WiFi hotspot. Can this be done?

The Address I wish to add is wifilogin.plus.net, to give me a Link to log in and out.

xania 09:02 01 Nov 06

I would have thought that all you needed to do was add the site when you next access it in the normal way. ALl that will then happen is that, should you attempt to access it when not near a hotspot is that it will come up with the usual dead message - and when near a hotspot it will work.

xania 09:04 01 Nov 06

Opps, sorry. DIdn't finish

If you want to add it when not near a hotspot, just type in the url and save to favorites. Off course it won't work at that time, so you'll have to wait ntil you're near a hotspot to test it.

Graham. 09:23 01 Nov 06

No, that doesn't work. You just save the Blank page address. Also tried changing that by right clicking and selecting Properties (it hides behind the browser window) but that puts http:\\ in front.

I'll have to pop up to McDonalds to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…