Add Hi-speed USB Host Controller?

Cook2 19:07 16 Sep 04

Installed a USB 2.0 card, in a spare PCI slot, to get the benefits from my USB 2.0 Printer and scanner.

Device Manager shows (Standard USB Host Controller). If I disable this both printer and scanner are detected at USB 2 but I get the message - Add Hi-Speed USB Host Controller.

I have updated through to SP2 but no USB2 drivers shown on my system.

Have tried updating drivers but get the message 'best drivers already installed'.

Searched for USB2 drivers but can only find advice, not the actual drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

bvw in bristol 22:42 16 Sep 04

If your PCI card has a VIA chip it may not work, some of the cheap PCI cards use them....I've got 2 here that are useless.

It's not drivers you need, just a quality made PCI card.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:50 16 Sep 04

all drivers here including Via click here

Cook2 23:30 16 Sep 04

I bought the USB 2 card from Novatech a few months ago.

I've just checked in Device Manager and PCI slot 6 is shown as Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Constroller.

I can't se VIA mentioned anywhere, only Intel and NEC.

Cook2 23:30 16 Sep 04

I bought the USB 2 card from Novatech a few months ago.

I've just checked in Device Manager and PCI slot 6 is shown as Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Constroller.

I can't se VIA mentioned anywhere, only Intel and NEC.

temp003 01:06 17 Sep 04

The presence of the word "Enhanced" in the description of the USB host controller in Device Manager means USB2. I don't know why they can't standardise the language.

I think your USB2 card is working.

Cook2 01:23 17 Sep 04

Ah, that's where I'm going wrong then temp003.

Tomorrow I will plug my scanner into USB 1 and check the colour transparency scan time, then check again by plugging back into what is USB 2.

Thanks for that, resolved I think.

Cook2 01:23 17 Sep 04

Ah, that's where I'm going wrong then temp003.

Tomorrow I will plug my scanner into USB 1 and check the colour transparency scan time, then check again by plugging back into what is USB 2.

Thanks for that, resolved I think.

pubsinger 01:53 17 Sep 04

Device Manager has been telling me for 2 years that I had "enhanced" USB, but I still had to install a PCI card to get USB 2 capability.
For anything to do with USB your forst port of call should be click here where you`ll find all the information you need.
:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…