Add a dislclaimer note to an email

time and a half 12:54 11 Mar 04

How do I add a message at the bottom of my emails to show things such as : this email has been checked for viruses etc.

deadneat 13:03 11 Mar 04

what software are you using?

msf 13:06 11 Mar 04

Some virus checkers e.g. AVG, do this for you if you enable the feature.
Alternatively, you could create this as a signature and enter it as a default for all e-mail messages

Edstow 13:06 11 Mar 04

Depending on your virus checker, this can be automatically carried out by the checker.

Have a look in the options available in the Help section on you anti-virus software.

What you should not do is put your own disclaimer on saying that the mail has been virus checked when in fact it hasn't.

Ed

Edstow 13:10 11 Mar 04

msf says you could do what I say you shouldn't, that is put your own mesage on claiming virus checking.

To do this is unfair on your recipient who may well open the mail and at the same time release a virus that you could have inadvertantly posted, i.e one in your machine that you are unaware of.

Ed

anon1 14:04 11 Mar 04

A good point and just think about the consequences of somebody getting a virus from you with or without your knowledge. However if you really want to put something at the end of an email then add a signature in outlook its under tools/options mail format and in outlook express its tools options signatures

Sir Radfordin 14:13 11 Mar 04

I don't see much point in doing this since it would be foolish to trust that out-going mail had been scanned so was safe to open - not to mention you have to at least open the mail to find out.

I have turned off scanning out out-going emails because it was a real pain when sending large attachments.

msf 18:55 11 Mar 04

I didn't actually suggest claiming that the message was virus-free.
My point perhaps should have referred to details such as explaining that the message was sent as confidential and in fact pointing out that it was not guaranteed virus free !
I do ask people who might receive my e-mail in error to delete it and report the fact. this is standard practice from most organisations.
The main upshot is that it can be done and also that AVG does some of it for you if you let it - albeit putting an ad. in at the same time ! As far as I am concerned the programme is great - so more power to them!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…