add data to a table

mcds01 11:05 23 Jul 04

Im creating a small web page for work which will contain all the staffs extension numbers. Can someone tell me how i would go about adding a link which allows users to create a new entry?

bally1021 21:47 28 Jul 04

I am learning php in my own time and i know you can do it that way using a myssql database and a php front end page to send the information into the database and then display the records

Taran 23:30 28 Jul 04

You can't perform interaction tasks with plain vanilla HTML.

The concept of a submission form to the webmaster is a good one, where submissions will be vetted.

Failing that if there is an existing database on the work server with all personnel details you could selectively query the points of contact for display on a contacts web page. If there is not an existing company database perhaps you could look at establishing one, from which the information you want could be pulled out.

fourm member is absolutely right though. Granting write permissions to anyone in the organisation is asking for trouble. You'll be lucky if the worst you get is an entry for Donald Duck, address Disneyland etc...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…