Adaware - where am I going wrong?

Friday's Child 17:21 24 Sep 04

When I went to update the definitions about a week ago, a message came up telling me that a new version of SE was available so I downloaded and installed it.

Now, when I go to update the definitions it tells me that there are no updates available.

I know that there is one because it has been mentioned on the forum and when I go to the site itself, it tells me that there is one dated 23.09.04.

I downloaded that, opened the zip and installed the definitions as instructed but when I look at Adaware it still says that my definitions are as of 13.09.04.

I downloaded the definitions again and looked in the zip which also says that the file it contains is dated 13.09.04.

Am I doing something wrong or is there no update yet for the version I have?

Details are:

Windows XP Home

Adaware installed definitions file: SE1R8 13.09.04

Adaware installed core application: 1.05 Personal

Many thanks in advance.

Djohn 17:44 24 Sep 04

The latest up-date is SE1R9 23.09.2004 I think the version you have may be corrupted and would suggest you delete the current version of SE and download again.

There was a problem with the first release of SE. A new version was quickly released and does not suffer from the problem your having.

Friday's Child 18:03 24 Sep 04

Thank you. I've just done as you suggested and it cured the problem.

Confusingly enough, the update that you mentioned was the one shown on their site when I tried downloading it before - it didn't work then but it worked this time so I assume that as you suggested my version of SE 1.05 was corrupted.

Thank you again, I would never have thought of that. Now to run a check and see what I've caught since I first put 1.05 on :-)

Djohn 18:16 24 Sep 04

Your welcome. I had the same problem myself, pleased it worked for you. :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac