Adaware and spybot

herc182 12:49 02 Sep 04

Dear all,

Where can i download these two programs (for free)? i want to make sure i am getting the proper ones and not some shabby other product. i currently have spyvest and will also have a go with spyblaster (?).

Just a general question:

i always delete whatever spyvest comes up with. what is the point of quarantining them? or not deleting them?!

Thanks all

spanneress 13:05 02 Sep 04

Spybot click here Adaware click here.

Putting those names into google would have given you these locations.

herc182 13:10 02 Sep 04

Thank you spanneress. i was not being lazy, as i had done that (searched on google). i just wanted to make sure that the one i downloaded was the one everyone else uses and rates so highly.

Thanks

spanneress 13:14 02 Sep 04

In that case I apologise for jumping to conclusions...as a rule of thumb, try and locate the originator page..which can at times be tricky if you are unsure of the provider or designer, but if you examine the application before downloading it (from any link) you can then look for the corresponding site.

Also it may be worth noting that they update.

Stuartli 13:18 02 Sep 04

I think you mean that they require updating regularly...:-)

spanneress 13:22 02 Sep 04

Stuartli...

Yes that too...

I am glad you know what I meant. That makes two of us.

(",)

herc182 13:33 02 Sep 04

sorry no bitterness intended. I too get frustrated seeing threads that look like minimal effort has been made to research the topic themselves. the search tool in the forums is also excellent but sometimes (if it is a popular product or question) you get way too many threads to look through.

I generally use this as a last resort!

Thanks for your input

€dstowe 13:40 02 Sep 04

Be careful about "spyblaster". The program most of us use is SpywareBlaster obtainable from click here

Spyblaster is, I different and, I have been told, contains spyware itself.

You ask about quarantining. One idea of that is because some program refuse to work properly without the hidden spyware loaded, it's to get you out of a mess until you sort it out. Obviously you don't want any programs containing spyware.

€dstowe 13:41 02 Sep 04

Be careful about "spyblaster". The program most of us use is SpywareBlaster obtainable from click here

Spyblaster is, I different and, I have been told, contains spyware itself.

You ask about quarantining. One idea of that is because some program refuse to work properly without the hidden spyware loaded, it's to get you out of a mess until you sort it out. Obviously you don't want any programs containing spyware.

herc182 14:17 02 Sep 04

Thanks €dstowe. saved me a bit of bother! thats why i wanted to make sure i was getting the right thing!!

cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…