Adaware and Spybot

pj123 16:23 23 May 04

Although I have both these programmes and run them daily I still don't see the point. It's rather like "locking the stable door after the horse has bolted". It would be nice to have something that stops the intrusions getting in, in the first place, rather like Spywareblaster. But Spywareblaster doesn't like me. I have tried to install it 3 times now but I still get "This programme has performed an illegal operation and will shut down". Is there another one out there that does the same thing as Spywareblaster? I know I have another thread running with the same title but that was a completely different question. click here All I want to know now is there another programme that will stop the intrusions getting in?

Fruit Bat 16:34 23 May 04

Sure I've seen something simular from fresh devices try click here and let us Know if it woorks

rawprawn 16:48 23 May 04

What's it called, I can'y find a program that does a similar job to Spywareblaster.

gudgulf 16:49 23 May 04

Spybots immunisation function will block a good number of intrusions.

velodrome 22:04 23 May 04

The ad is for PAL spyware remover. It's a bit ambiguous but it says just set and forget it "it runs conveniently in the background automatically removing unwanted Adware and Spyware". It doesn't say that it stops it loading.

rawprawn 14:15 24 May 04

Thanks I have found what he meant after you pointed it out. I'm not impressed with it and particularly with the price. I will stick to Spywareblaster, Ad-aware, & Spybot. After that I think you could get paranoid.

Stuartli 14:28 24 May 04

I've installed SpywareBlaster on my system and those of several friends and releatives and it has worked first time, every time and that includes the latest version.

pj123 16:39 24 May 04

Thanks all for the comments. I will try another download and install now.

pj123 16:49 24 May 04

That doesn't give me much confidence. javacoolsoftware.com comes up with "This page cannot be displayed". I try another and it says Spywareblaster webpage has a new address. wilderssecurity.com but that also comes up with "This page cannot be displayed" Can someone give me a link where I can download Spywareblaster please?

Djohn 16:57 24 May 04

click here Try this one Pete.

Valvegrid 17:33 24 May 04

There's a few on this site that may do what you want:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…