adaware and spyblaster

swanny3 09:13 20 Oct 04

i have both these .os win/me
but im not sure on the correct way too run them ive just done a scan on adware an its foumd 84 critical objects what do i do now clik next then tick all boxes? as for spyblaster what do i do in that just tick enable protection? or is me pc protected all the time when i start me pc..sorry 4 the ignorance but i havent a clue . cheers

ty

Diodorus Siculus 09:23 20 Oct 04

click here for spybot tutorial

click here for adaware

Stuartli 09:40 20 Oct 04

SpywareBlaster is intended to stop spybots before they get on your system and works in the background - Ad-aware (and S and D 1.3) bsically help to get rid of any already on a system.

Used in conjunction with each other and also from IE's Tools>Privacy tab>Advanced button by Allowing First Party Cookies and Blocking or Prompting Third Party Cookies (allow Session Cookies), you will rid yourself of most of them.

Sapins 09:47 20 Oct 04

2 excellent links, thanks.

Regards,

Sapins.

Shorty123 09:48 20 Oct 04

I asked similar recently and was told that yes, spyblaster, once installed, is always protecting once you boot up, you dont have to do anything else. Adaware - right click a blank bit in the list of stuff it finds and you have the option to select all (saves ticking all those boxes..I had over 200) then quarantine them.

swanny3 10:56 20 Oct 04

cheers mate....

Stuartli 14:00 20 Oct 04

So long as you keep up to date with updates...

Shorty123 15:03 20 Oct 04

True!!!

Liam101 16:43 20 Oct 04

You also MUST get 'Spybot Search and Destroy' as it will pick up malaware, diallers, etc. that adaware doesn't. If you run all 3, you have just about the best protection going, but you definitely need all 3. 1 to prevent, and 2 to pick up the spyware, diallers, hijackers, malaware, etc. and remove them from your PC.

Liam101

Stuartli 17:11 20 Oct 04

Using the methods I've described above, the occasions when AdAware SE or S and D 1.3 find anything to remove is now extremely rare.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac