adaware se - which items cannot be removed?

cassiusclay 18:50 19 Oct 04

are there any items in the new ad-aware se, that cannot be removed without causing problems later(like in spybot search & destroy-it is not safe to remove the entries that dont have a black tick in the box)
I read the help file ,but its not totally clear. have I messed up my system by removing and deleting all the items found in the scan?

Cook2 18:53 19 Oct 04

I always delete everything found in Adaware or Spybot S&D and have never had any problems.

VCR97 20:46 19 Oct 04

If they are red or sort-of-green then you can safely remove them. If you get any black ones you should leave them unless you know what you are doing. They are "system internals". I'm not sure if the SE version shows system internals. That was selectable on the old version but I can't find any reference to selecting them in SE. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place.

VCR97 21:02 19 Oct 04

FORGET THAT! I'm talking rubbish. I'm getting my Spybot mixed up with my Adaware. Put it down to old age. Right! I usually let Adaware get rid of everything. I think that it goes into quarantine anyway, so you can restore it if you need to.

VoG II 21:06 19 Oct 04

I've set Ad-aware to delete automatically, without confirmation or quarantine.

I let it delete everything it finds and have never had a problem.

The only exception is the registry key set by StartPage Guard click here which I have added to the Ignore list.

alan227 21:07 19 Oct 04

If you right click any of the items that adaware finds then left click item details it will tell you what risk it entails.

cassiusclay 22:31 19 Oct 04

Iknow that on adaware 1 you can delete items with no worries but with se it s not as simple as that , in the help file it says that its up to you which ones you want to get rid of so thats when I got worried that maybe you arnt supposed to delete/quaranteen everything and with the "IE internet cache" items there is a red circle with a 'x' mark on it (and after I deleted all the items on a windows98 pc the connection repeatedly was lost - thats why I started to wonder if I misunderstood the instructions with the new improved version of ad aware ....

VoG II 22:36 19 Oct 04

Delete everything but try this click here

wlw 23:10 19 Oct 04

I have XP Home installed for about a year, having upgraded from W/Me, and did the right thing then by activating and registering my legally procured XP edition.

Now after various changes, alterations and making various tweaks (all s/w - no h/w changes ) suddenly I am informed by XP on starting up that my computer has had many changes and I should 'reactivate'. When I say yes, I will do it now, I get a blank half-size screen which shows two keys in background but nothing else. Yesterday I had three days to do this reactivation, now I have only two.

I am not sure what the consequences will be but there is a vague air of menace !

Can anybody advise.

Many thanks,
WLW

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…