Adaware SE updates???

muddypaws 14:05 17 Jul 07

Been trying for two days to get the latest updates for Adaware
It downloads to 5% and then 'Error retrieving update'.
Anyone else having problems?
Never any problem before.
Thanks.

Seth Haniel 14:09 17 Jul 07

click here

and extract it to Adaware SE folder..
just done it myself ...

muddypaws 14:18 17 Jul 07

Seth Haniel
Were you having a problem then?
Just been reading the latest Tiscali hijack problem thread. Someone claims it is preventing security programme updates.click here
Thanks will try manual.

Seth Haniel 15:03 17 Jul 07

only problem .. not connected to internet at home ... so have to manually download all my updates and transfer via memory stick ;)

muddypaws 16:16 17 Jul 07

Seth Haniel
I see. Anyway it worked a treat. Thanks.

micemews 11:34 20 Jul 07

Thanks all for your help. I have uninstalled Ad Aware SE and installed Ad Aware 2007 and this seems to be working ok at the moment.

Initially I tried to manually download the def file as suggested by Serh Haniel but when I accessed this site I got the following message :-

Java (TM) Plug in Fatal Error - Java Runtime Environment Cannot be Loaded.

Is there a fix for this, or would it be best to uninstall Java then install the latest version.

At present in Add Remove Programs I have 5 items J2SE Runtime environment 5 (Updates 3, 6, 9, 10 and 11)

In Addition I have Java (TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1.

Thanks once again for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…