Adaware se keeps freezing

mpez 16:20 28 Dec 04

I have had adaware for about 6 months or so now with no problem, i keep up to date etc, just recently it stops all together on something that says local temps/word8.0. I come out of it all together only by using the task manager because it will not close off or anything. Should I uninstall it a reinstall again? Any help would be appreciated. I also have spybot SD, spywareblaster, A2, registry medic and sypware doctor all working fine, but i would like my adaware back.

many thanks

Halmer 16:40 28 Dec 04

before giving in.

I had a similar problem but left it for an hour or so and it did the business eventually.

Has worked fine since.

mpez 16:45 28 Dec 04

thanks for your resposnse halmer, i leave it for about 20 mins or so then i get a bit impatient, but i will leave it next time i do it.

Halmer 16:54 28 Dec 04

message in Task Manager.

Ignore this and give it chance.

VoG II 16:56 28 Dec 04

This was an issue with one of the builds (1.03 or 1.04 I think).

You could make sure that you have the latest (1.05) - use the "i" toolbar button, top right, to find out. The latest version is available from click here

mpez 17:06 28 Dec 04

thanks halmer i wll give it ago first. Vog i have the 1.03 version if i download the 1.05 version would i have to unistall my version first or just install it as usual?

VoG II 17:08 28 Dec 04

Best to uninstall 1.03 first.

VoG II 17:09 28 Dec 04

Or, come to think of it, I think that the new version will detect the old version and uninstall it.

mpez 17:16 28 Dec 04

thanks vog, will give it ago later, have to go for now cos kids are pestering me to get off as usual,lol.

many thanks again

Strawballs 22:03 28 Dec 04

Many thanks VOG have been having the same problem.

mpez 12:07 29 Dec 04

hi again, downloaded 1.05 version , ran it and found about 190 objects, selected all, next and still nothing happened, would not close off again. Had a look in settings , i think they are ok, but not sure. My spyware doctor keeps findng NewDot and cannot remove one file, so i just dont know what to do next. I would like to run adaware in safe mode, but am not sure how to do it .any help would be great, thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…