AdAware Replacement

morddwyd 12 Nov 11
Answered

Anyone recommend a good replacement for AdAware? Been using it for some years but it has grown so clunky and intrusive that it needs to go.

Tried Malwarebites but didn't get on with it, but will give it another go if it's really as good as its proponents claim.

rdave13 12 Nov 11

The free version of Malwarebytes is good and also Superantispyware. Spywareblaster for a blocker. About all you need apart from AV and Firewall.

rdave13 12 Nov 11

For got to add, if you try Mbam again then refuse the 'professional' trial version on first running.

buteman 12 Nov 11

rdave13 has mentioned two of the best freebies.

If none of those maybe try Emisoft Anti-Malware or one to have on the side no mater what else you have would be HitmanPro but if you have to remove anything you then only have 30 days left to use it.It will still scan and update but will not remove anything but at least it does warn you if you have any infections and works extremely quick compared to others.

morddwyd 12 Nov 11

Thanks all. I'll give MWB another go

Menzie 12 Nov 11

I also like Spybot Search and Destroy although I do notice it slows down my older Athlon 64 3200+ system quite a bit. On my dual core laptop and my other desktop I have no such issues and it does seem to scan quite thoroughly.

I also used a program called Spyware Terminator although I haven't used that in a while since trying Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

sunnystaines 12 Nov 11

as rdave13 says.

john bunyan 12 Nov 11
Answer

I agree with rdave13. I find free Superantispyware a little easier and finds more ad aware tracking cookies than Mbam.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message