Adaware problem

pj123 16:18 08 May 04

Adaware doesn't appear to be a very good programme after all. It keeps taking off files that I need to run some programmes. eg. CuteFTP. After running adaware and deleting all the files it classes as intrusions I now can't run CuteFTP as it says "advert.dll" is missing. I have re-installed CuteFTP and it runs OK. But adaware still insists that "advert.dll" is a threat. Any comments please?

hugh-265156 16:31 08 May 04
  pj123 16:39 08 May 04

Thanks huggyg71. Good call. But when I did that CuteFTP won't run. I look after 9 websites for companies and without CuteFTP I can't amend/update the websites. So what do I do?

hugh-265156 16:46 08 May 04

im not sure.

i also have cuteftppro but do not have advert.dll installed.

i run adaware and spybot etc and cuteftp still works ok for me.

first i have heard of this.are you using trial versions?

Lionheart ? 16:56 08 May 04

Think you could add .dll to Ad-Aware ignore list.

You will find how to do it in the help section.

VoG II 17:02 08 May 04

Odd. I use CuteFTP and I run Ad-aware and let it delete everything it finds. I don't have any problems.

pj123 17:17 08 May 04

I have had CuteFTP version 3.0 for at least 6 years now and it has always run OK until I put Adaware on recently. When I run it I get a message like "This software runs on advertising which is why we can offer it to you at a reduced price" or something similar to that. I just click Cancel and carry on from there.

hugh-265156 17:18 08 May 04

i note it says version 3.0 and no mention of "pro" click here

VoG II 17:19 08 May 04

Ah. Mine's version 5.0 XP.

pj123 17:34 08 May 04

huggyg71. Another good call but I am happy with what I have. I have now learnt to delete everything that Adaware finds except "advert.dll" and I don't have any problems. I have many earlier versions of programmes that are still working and doing everything I want them to do (including Win98SE) so why should I update them?

Falkyrn 17:39 08 May 04

when adaware has found the file select it from the list ... right click on the selection and one of the options you then get is to add the file to the ignore list

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…