//some 3rd party need geo

AdAware

BrianW 16:11 19 May 03

~I have just downloaded SpyBot and carried out my first "search and destroy". Everything appears to have gone OK apart for the above programme which has several entries including DLLs, a .exe file and other bits.

Any attempt to remove them just shuts down my machine (black screen + seizure).

Does anybody have any ideas on:

- do I need to remove it?
- if so, how do I do it without the aforementioned seizure?

Thanks in advance

jeez 16:18 19 May 03

adaware is an excellent utility to remove adware/spyware from your computer, and, in imho is much better than spybot. Scrap spybot and use adaware, the reason it's telling you adaware is worthy of deletion is because it want's to kill it's superior competitor.

expertec 16:20 19 May 03

i think each one detects things the other doesn't, I run both of them with no problems

Stuartli 16:23 19 May 03

I run both these programs without problems as one often picks up something the other misses.

You may have to reinstall AdAware (V6, build 162 is the latest version plus several updates since its recent launch).

There is some info in S and D's Help files under FAQ - click on the + sign to find what you require.

BrianW 16:23 19 May 03

Cor - I do feel stupid! I don't remember down loading AdAware mind you, and I can't find it in my programme list or using "Find" route. Thanks for the guide both of you.

Djohn 17:24 19 May 03

You may find it in programs under the name, (Lavasoft). J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…