Adaware 6 - Please read urgent help needed...

Gaz 25 01:41 17 Feb 03

I know there is a peice of bad Spyware called xzoomy (FreeScratchandWin), I have fully updated Adaware, Spybot S&D, Spyware Blaster and Flamewall SpyRemover.

None of them detect it, even though in their search includes it does say it finds xzoomy.

During the scan by Adaware it waits a little on xzoomy.com file in the Internet Explorer area and I ma not sure if it is in the registry or hidden amongst all the files on my C: Drive.

See a screenshot now click here of Adaware waiting on it.

Please help?

Thanks.

Gaz 25 01:46 17 Feb 03

It has not changed my Homepage or anything and nothing detects it, anyone else have this file show up in Adware?

Lozzy 01:48 17 Feb 03

I shouldn't worry about it

lacker 01:48 17 Feb 03

Have you tried 'xzoomy' under 'search'maybe you can delete all the files from there.

Gaz 25 01:51 17 Feb 03

Tried searching the registry and the whole computer including hidden files. I don't know why it shows up. Does it show up on anmyone elses?

lacker 01:57 17 Feb 03

I have just run my Adaware,and it does show up briefly,if you hadn't mentioned it I would not have noticed.I shall take Lozzy's advice and not worry about it!

Regards Tony

Gaz 25 02:01 17 Feb 03

key.

I will not worry no more.

Only thibg is if they put a stop to spyware and Hijackers and BHO's we wouldnt have to worry.

Anyway.

Thanks to you both who replied.
Gaz25

Gaz 25 02:03 17 Feb 03

Sorry, I am taking the screenshot off my webserver. If anyone who wants a look at it please mail me and I will put it back on.

jazzypop 04:01 17 Feb 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…