Adaware

asrobs 17:04 28 Jan 08

Hi, has any one had trouble in updating their ADAWARE this month I am unable to update only to get their Alert upgrade which you have to purchase I think they no longer want to continue their free for private use programme.

sunny staines 17:06 28 Jan 08

works ok here, been plenty of updates this week, even another today.

MAT ALAN 17:07 28 Jan 08

I have just updated mine no problem are you sure you have the FREE version...

FreeCell 17:08 28 Jan 08

Have you upgraaded to Adaware 2007?

AdAware SE is no longer being supported with updates but you can download 2007. It's free and updated regularly.

click here

Sea Urchin 17:14 28 Jan 08

"Ad-Aware SE is no longer being supported with updates"

Not quite correct - updates are still available (SE1R216 out today) - but the program has to be updated manually.

sunny staines 17:27 28 Jan 08

asrob

there was a problem recently where one of the updates on adaware2007 would not load and you had to reinstall adaware to get the update if the problem affected your pc. is this the problem you have if so delete and reinstall.

FreeCell 17:36 28 Jan 08

Seaq Urchin
Apologies. You are correct.

David4637 20:50 28 Jan 08

How do you update it manually? I saw that file you mentionbed, but thought it was out of date, because every one said SE was dead? David

FreeCell 21:07 28 Jan 08

David4637

Close Ad-Aware SE.

Download the latest Definition File in ZIP format here click here and save the file to a temporary location.

Unzip the contents of the file either with a ZIP utility or with the built-in support in Windows to the Ad-Aware SE installation directory, which usually is "C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE\".

Open Ad-Aware SE.

Confirm that the latest Definition File is installed by checking the "Initialization Status" in the main program window

asrobs 11:55 29 Jan 08

Thanks to David4637 I downloaded OK

David4637 15:04 29 Jan 08

Thanks for the procedure for importing a def file into SE.
Can any say whether SE will die shortly or will it linger on? Thanks again David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…