Adaware 2007 problem

carper 14:24 08 Jun 07

Downloaded from CDNet and Major geeks no problem, but under the section web update I get the message
SSL Download failed. Anyone else had this problem.
I have been able to do a scan no problem, and removed the threats but can't update.I have added my home page and browser but still no joy. Regards Carper

jarvis10@btinternet.com 14:30 08 Jun 07

no, i get the 'up to date' message here no problems

rabadubdub 14:33 08 Jun 07

It's not yet FULLY compatible with Vista.
There's another thread on here you should check out..
click here

Rab

carper 14:39 08 Jun 07

rabadubdub
No running XPHome SP2. Had no trouble at all with the previous version. Thanks anyway. Carper

Bogbrain 15:25 08 Jun 07

I had the same problem or a very similar one. The updates kept failing and I read somewhere to delete the existing version and re-download AdAware which I did, it's worked fine since. Worth a try for you too maybe, if it doesn't cure it at least no harm's been done.

carper 16:27 08 Jun 07

Redownloaded twice but same problem persists.
Carper

sunny staines 17:05 08 Jun 07

vista version not due till august

sunny staines 17:07 08 Jun 07

for xp goto control panel delete any ad aware program 2007 or the old one restart pc and try a fresh download.

looks like your update got corrupted somehow.

Probabilitydrive 17:17 08 Jun 07

If you are running NIS 2006. Go to:
>firewall>configure>Advanced>General>scroll down to 'Block access to secure sites and untick

try Ad-Aware download again.

carper 09:29 12 Jun 07

Zone Alarm firewall proved to be the obstruction. All is now well with updates. Thanks to all. Regards Carper

nikef 18:04 12 Jun 07

well its different
does any1 know where the quarantine is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…