Adaptor to fit monitor to arm

Hi all

I want to fit a Humanscale M7 monitor arm to my 24" Dell monitor. (I've been using the stand that came with the monitor up till now).

Problem is that the fittings are completely different sizes.

Can anyone advise me as to what I should be looking to buy to bridge the gap? (something good value for money ideally - its not a particularly heavy monitor).

Thanks for any advice.

Links to pics below

click here

click here

click here

click here

Technotiger 15:33 09 Feb 10

Could you not somehow adapt the Base itself, to be attached to the Arm? Looking at it, I reckon I probably could.

Tried that but the holes dont match.

I'd just like to point out that since those pics were taken 30 mins ago I have vaccummed the monitor & stand..... ;-)

Technotiger 15:53 09 Feb 10

As it is only the stand, is it not possible to drill the necessary holes to suit?

Cheers for suggestion - Just been having another fiddle & dont see how that would work.

I think even if it did it would add a bulk to the back of the monitor which what I'm trying get rid of by have it "floating" but able to move right back into the "cupboard thingy" my PC has been consigned to.

Technotiger 16:12 09 Feb 10

Not so easy to see sitting here, but if the upright part of the stand is removable from the base, would that make any difference to adapting the upright, to fit the Arm - or adapting the Arm to fit the upright?

Technotiger 16:17 09 Feb 10

Or, could you not re-produce the square upper part of the stand using Wood & Metal-for the two white tabs, which could then be made accordingly to fit the Arm.

retep888 17:06 09 Feb 10

You'll need a VESA bracket between the monitor and your 8 holes FEA adapter and the arm.

click here

Technotiger 17:38 09 Feb 10

Nice one, that will save a lot of hassle!

Cheers guys.

That looks just the job.

Any idea where I might track one of those down.

Technotiger 19:02 09 Feb 10

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5