Adapter problems

kwikmann 23:30 20 Feb 06

Have finally got my networked computer up and running thanks to the help i received from this forum. But for the last couple of hours the network has been losing the connection and a pop-up has informed me: check that the adapter is properly installed? I haven't a clue. I have a D-Link DSL-G604T Router and a D-Link DWL-G122 AirPlus G Wireless USB Adapter. Could someone please tell me how i go about checking to see if the adapter is properly installed. I am running Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. Any help would be really appreciated. Many thanks. Kwikmann

mgmcc 08:35 21 Feb 06

It is unlikely that the adapter is suddenly "not properly installed", but Device Manager should show up any problems with it if, for example, its drivers have become corrupted. You could try running the Update Drivers option.

In the Network Connections folder, it should still appear as the "Wireless Network Connection".

It is always possible that you are getting interference which is causing your wireless network to lose connections. Frequent culprits are Cordless & mobile phones and microwave ovens, but other WiFi networks in the neighbourhood can also upset connections. Changing the channel number you operate on might help - the default is normally "11", try moving down to "7" or "4".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced