Adaptec 2940UW SCSI setup

Tripper 16:22 14 Mar 04

Hi,
I've just aquired one of the above scsi pci cards s/hand. I want to use it to attach a minolta dual film scanner. Now, I've got Win XP to recognise and install drivers for the card and it is all OK in device manager. I have also managed to use the Dual to scan thru it OK.

My question is to do with start up. Everytime, before windows can load I sit looking at the adaptec logo and waiting for the message "no boot disc found" & "no bios installed".

I do not want to use the card for any storage devices, is there any way I can "quieten" down the card so it just bypasses these checks? Is there something else I need to do with the installation?

I'm not a regular scsi user, so this is an unknown area to me. Hopefully a proper scsi user can give me some guideance.

Tripper

Diodorus Siculus 16:36 14 Mar 04

Check the boot options in the BIOS; set for the CD drive first, then the hdd. Tell it not to search for other devices.

Diemmess 17:32 14 Mar 04

I still use a slightly earlier version 2940AU..... When it was new it hosted a SCSI HD and three other items including a flatbed scanner, running windows 3.1 with a 486/66.

Little by little the uses have diminished to the point where only the scanner is still there.
Even if the scanner is not connected, the screen goes through its little catechism every time it boots.

The point is that this happens immediately after the opportunity to enter the BIOS has closed, and before Windows has started to load. It adds about 6 seconds to booting and I haven't yet found a way of stopping the message........... Perhaps on a wet afternoon sometime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…