Adabas - How is it started?

Alan2 16:58 04 Jul 03

Adabas was installed as part of the Sun StarOffice 6.0 set up. But whilst I can see its folder in C:\program files there doesn't appear to be any obvious way to make it run. ie no ".exe" file starts it.

Can anyone give me a clue please.

jazzypop 18:20 04 Jul 03

These links may help to explain it all - click here and click here

Kryten 18:29 04 Jul 03

Start Staroffice 6.0 spreadsheets. In the tools tab choose Data Sources.

Alan2 20:27 04 Jul 03

Thanks for your responses.

Adabas is clearly not the standard windows application I was expecting. I thought I would get an entry for Adabas in the start->all programs listing or an icon on the Desktop.

I had read the installation notes in the SO6 set up guide but I ran into problems when referred to the necessary entries in the autoexec.bat file. Mine consists of two lines only - nothing like I've seen before - and it doesn't seem to lend itself to adding the lines "set dbroot= ...." etc.

I have just looked at Tools->Data Sources and although it seems to be setting me off in the direction of a database nothing changes when I click OK.

When my head is a little clearer I will follow up the links you both gave me, step by step, and see how far I get.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…