Ad with "six boxes" keeps popping up

AnthonyB 23:40 11 Oct 05

Hello,

Just tonight, I have been getting an "ad box" (a box with 6 amaller boxes inside) appear at random, on visits to websites, forums etc. its mainly loans/mortages, money related etc. It keeps coming back though, even though I've scanned with AVG, Adaware, and spybot. (AVG picked up "veryfy java virus" mind you.

TIA

johnnyrocker 23:52 11 Oct 05

and what did it do about it?

johnny.

AnthonyB 00:02 12 Oct 05

Hello Johnny

I just run an "E-trust" scan, and it's not come back in the lasty 30 mins. I did a system restore an hour or go too - everything else changed like it does (AVG needed updating etc - out of date). However, that banner/popup box kept coming back. Probably nothing serious, just wondering why it "just happened"

Thanks

Anthony

AnthonyB 00:03 12 Oct 05

it just came back as I posted that message (exaclty the same time to be precise) can't really do a screen shot - as I can't right click on it

Anthony

p;3 00:05 12 Oct 05

how "out of date" was AVG? and have you rerun all the scans? do you have A squared program on there?

johnnyrocker 00:09 12 Oct 05

sounds like if you have xp you need to clear out with system restore disabled.

johnny.

AnthonyB 00:10 12 Oct 05

Hello p3, no, not got A square, but re-run the virus checker etc - and spyware (including "Wincleaner" off a pc CD)[URL=click here][IMG]click here[/IMG][/URL] just to see if the popup image works

or [url=click here][img=click here][/url]

click here

AnthonyB 00:14 12 Oct 05

sorry about all those useless "clicks" The last one though shows what it looks like and is the same size:)

Anthony

johnnyrocker 00:17 12 Oct 05

do you have a pop up stopper installed? and also windows messenger.

johnny.

p;3 00:18 12 Oct 05

click here is hopefully the page to find a squared program on if you would like to try it; if you do take it on board you will need to fully update it before running it:))

p;3 00:24 12 Oct 05

I have just checked my version which is I beleive "a squared free" version ; it will do scans but does not have some of the protection offered by the other versions; I find it sufficent for my needs :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…