Ad hoc wireless network

Brian 17:35 07 Dec 04

I am still trying to sort this problem. When I try to View workgroup computers on the host computer I get a window "Workgroup not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network source. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available. On the client computer when I view workgroup computers the host computer appears but when I try to open it I get a message saying "The network path was not found". Can anyone help, please? Brian

Kegger 18:02 07 Dec 04

Hi Brian,
what equipment are you using ? what are the OS's on the different PC's? i have a mixed Wireless and Hard wired LAN at home sharing BB / Printers x 2, and all hard drive access from one to All etc so i may be able to help you if i can have a back ground run down in what you have and what you would like to do

Regards
Kegger

Brian 18:09 07 Dec 04

Windows XP on both computers. Both have Belkin wireless network cards. I can get a ping response when I ping from the PC to the laptop but not from the laptop to the PC.
Brian

Kegger 18:17 07 Dec 04

Brian XP Home or Pro? then we will need to look at settings

Brian 20:30 07 Dec 04

XP Home on PC
XP Pro on laptop
Brian

zipdrive 20:54 07 Dec 04

What IP range are you using? It should be in the 192.168.2.* range.

Check Channel settings on each card setup, and both are set to Ad-hoc. Run the wizard on each PC as well.

zipdrive 20:56 07 Dec 04

PS If using a firewall like Zone Alarm you have to add in the other PC into the "trusted Zone" and lower the "Internet and Trusted zone security" to Medium.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…