Ad hoc wireless network

Brian 12:42 28 Nov 04

When I try to View workgroup computers on the host computer I get a window "Workgroup not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network source. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."
On the client computer when I view workgroup computers the host computer appears but when I try to open it I get a similar message including "The network path was not found".
I have McAfee internet security on the host computer - could this be the problem?
Can anyone help, please?
Brian

johnnyrocker 12:51 28 Nov 04

click here may help

johnny.

Brian 14:45 07 Dec 04

No joy yet - can anyone else suggest what I need to do? Disabling firewall does not help.
Brian

Brian 14:45 07 Dec 04

No joy yet - can anyone else suggest what I need to do? Disabling firewall does not help.
Brian

gunmender 15:19 07 Dec 04

are the computers set to share and are the drives given permission to access the network?
with xp there is a share option in the drive properties, cant remember the other os's

Brian 17:44 07 Dec 04

Computers are set to share. How do I give the drives permission to access the network?
Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…