Ad Hoc Nightmare

neil_raj 16:50 01 Jun 06

Help me please!

Ok..... Last night via the "simple" Wireless Network Setup Wizard in the Control Panel I successfully configured my desktop PC to my Laptop (using the USB transfer that the wizard suggests).....

I chose the Ad Hoc option to set up a peer-to-peer connection.

All worked well..... This evening when I switched on the Desktop PC the signal strength is "Excellent" to the Laptop and the same Laptop To Desktop PC....

I open the Wireless icon on my Laptop and the network name appears (that I set up)....

Desktop PC says Connected....
Laptop says Connected....

Signal strength is tickety boo.....
So why won't the Laptop open any Webpages?

Never done this before, thought last night was too good to be true...

Any ideas on how I can get my Laptop to open webpages.....?

Many thanks.......... Neil.

ade.h 18:15 01 Jun 06

Forcing a PC to act as a gateway via the use of ICS can be a royal pain in the backside. But let's assume for a moment that it is fudamentally okay underneath; have you configured your client firewalls (on both the client and the gateway) to allow two-way traffic across the LAN adapters?

ade.h 12:30 02 Jun 06

T0SH 17:07 02 Jun 06

You need to have Internet Connection Sharing enabled on the PC with the internet connection

How to for Win2k and Win98SE WinME here

click here

How to for XP here

click here

Cheers HC

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…