Ad Hoc Network Questions

axelbrora 13:42 13 May 09

Hi,

I am trying to create an ad hoc (peer to peer) net work to connect my laptop, running Vista, to my wireless printer.

1. After I create the network with my laptop, which I know how to do, do I need to connect my laptop to it's own network, as it appears in the list when I select connect?

2. Can I make the ad hoc network a permanent network?

3. Can I set it so that my printer and my laptop connect to each other automatically when they are in range?

I basically want to connect them automatically and permanently together using the wireless connection and not have to set up the network every time. Note that I do not have a wireless router and do not have a wireless network set up at the moment. I know I can set up print sharing with my desktop but this means the desktop needs to be on before I can print from the laptop. The instruction manual for the printer decribes connecting to an existing wireless network and not for setting up from scratch, so an answer to the above questions would be a great help.

Axel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…