Ad blocking

GGL 03:10 03 Jan 08

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good ad blocking software, I've got Norton 360, but I get more problems than I did when I had ordinary Nortons internet security...not the best upgrade!!

Cheers

brundle 03:38 03 Jan 08

Firefox and AdblockerPlus click here , or IE7Pro for Internet Explorer click here

GGL 03:48 03 Jan 08

Thanks brundle, downloaded and ran IE7Pro but the buggers are still there. My isp is orange.fr as I'm in France, does that male a difference?

brundle 04:01 03 Jan 08

It shouldn't matter. Are they embedded in webpages, or in the form of popups?

GGL 08:31 03 Jan 08

They seem to appear on the web pages on the top or right hand side, and are always in french

sunny staines 08:37 03 Jan 08

to block ads where the mouse goes over coloured text add the following to block ads in IE7pro 2.
*intellitxt.com*
*vibrantmedia.com*
*contentlink.com*
*kontera.com*

Procrastinus 15:27 03 Jan 08

Do as brundle says, I also live in France and have no problems with Firefox and Adblock Plus

birdface 15:37 03 Jan 08

Sorry for encroaching on your thread,But just one question for sunny staines.Tried adding them to Url bock filter.Then could not open I/E so had to delete them again.Where exactly should we add them to.Sorry for being a bit thick.

birdface 15:42 03 Jan 08

If Addblocker or IE7Pro does not stop the adds maybe you have picked up a nastie from somewhere.Maybe time to run all your Security programs just to make sure.

sunny staines 17:01 03 Jan 08

butman

install IE7pro ver 2. right click its icon in IE7 [the blue circle with white e] the dialog box opens on the left margin click ad blocker. then in lower centre screen look for "filter type" in its drop down arrow select "URL block filter" then type in the above white square in the dialogue box the four titles including the stars at each end and click OK. close ie78 pro then find a web page to test not sure if PVCA still has those green ones as i do not see them anymore.

hope this helps.

sinbads 19:38 03 Jan 08

Try this see all the adds dissapear works a treat

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…