Ad Blocker for Internet Explorer

thumbscrew 08 Jul 13

Plagued with annoying ads, yesterday I discovered Adblock plus. I banged it on Firefox and Chrome and it works like a dream....most impressive, However, despite reading that they're working on it, seems like IE won't accept it. Can anyone recommend another blocker?

Pine Man 08 Jul 13

I couldn't find an adblocker for IE that was any good BUT what I did do was to go to Manage Add-ons in IE and select Tracking Protection then I installed the following lists:- Fanboy and Easylist.

Works a treat!

john bunyan 08 Jul 13

I use Abine and Easy List in "Safety" /"Tracking Protection" in IE10.

thumbscrew 08 Jul 13

Thanks John and Pineman.....no drawbacks?

Number six 08 Jul 13

Jock1e

AFAIK they update automatically. I use Easy list and it is showing updated today.

Pine Man 09 Jul 13

I think they update automatically and I certainly have found no drawbacks after about a year.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message