Ad-aware/No Adware

harveyt 12:28 30 Oct 04

I have both programs installed on PC. I usually run Ad-aware everyday and it cleans all tracking cookies etc no problem. No Adware is unregistered and only identifies and does not clean.
When I ran Ad-aware this morning it identified No Adware as high risk malware!!!!

I'm going to remove No Adware as it doesn't clean anything, but is there a problem with Ad-aware?

VoG II 12:33 30 Oct 04

Ad-aware is good.

click here and scroll down to Adware Hitman.

buddiebuoy 12:38 30 Oct 04

I use Ad-aware too. Is Adware Hitman better?

VoG II 12:45 30 Oct 04

"Is Adware Hitman better?" - NOooo, quite the reverse. Avoid at all costs!

buddiebuoy 12:57 30 Oct 04

Right I see now that I've clicked on the link. There seems to be worse products than Adware Hitman though.
I'll stick with Ad-aware.

harveyt 13:05 30 Oct 04

OK, thanks I see Noadware on the list of Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products. I will continue with Ad-aware.
If you read the download.com review page there are some people making harsh reviews of Ad-aware, (I would post link but don't know how) I suppose they maybe pushing their own products.

D G 14:21 30 Oct 04

I think these free scanners are just to find spyware etc. and then they hope you'll buy it to remove them.I think sometimes they find things that aren't really there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…