Ad-Aware v MS AntiSpy beta

Derek 05:56 16 Jul 05

I have both and use them quite often. Why is it that Ad-Aware always finds something and MS beta has never ever found anything although I do the MS one first.

bremner 09:06 16 Jul 05

I am guessing that Adaware finds minor cookies that MS Anti Spyware ignores

spuds 12:15 16 Jul 05

Similar to my findings, Microsoft AntiSpy beta seems to find nothing, when other antispy's on my system pick up many.

Put this on your system [if you do not have it already] and see what that finds click here It will work okay with all other programmes, no confliction problems.

bremner 12:59 16 Jul 05

I may have not made myself clear - what exactly is it that Adaware finds that MSAS does not?

Derek 16:42 16 Jul 05

Thanks Bremner,
Not sure what it finds, never bothered to find out, I just accept that it should be removed although I did note once that it said it was low priority or something.

bremner 16:59 16 Jul 05

I ran MSAS alongside Adaware and Spybot for about 2 months and found that the only thing Adaware & Spybot reported that MSAS did not was minor, insignificant cookies.

I now only use MSAS and occasionally run online checks as validation.

rubella 17:25 16 Jul 05

The MS AntiSpy beta thing has only ever reported a single incidence of anything on my machines, and that was a false positive. Meanwhile, Ad-Aware goes quietly about its business earning its corn on a daily basis.

Interesting to note:

“Microsoft Downgrades Claria Adware Detections”

Folk might remember “Gator”, well that is Claria, same meat, different gravy.

click here

click here

Derek 05:54 17 Jul 05

Thanks to all you for the inspired contributions. I'm sure that others will benfit from all your comments and inclusions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…