Ad-Aware Upgrade

thumbscrew 09:02 12 Jul 07

I find I cannot upgrade my free version of Ad-Aware,I get an error message each time I try. I tried to uninstall and re-install but I can't get it off. Each time I try I get the following message..."Could not open install log file". Can anyone help?

cocteau48 09:09 12 Jul 07

Try downloading the latest definition file from here:
click here

thumbscrew 09:27 12 Jul 07

Hi Cocteau and thanks for prompt reply. Done that and got a def file on my desktop. Unsure of this, clicked to unzip...something happened, Ad Aware still won't respond??

cocteau48 09:40 12 Jul 07

Check out gongoozler's posting on this thread
click here
on how to manually integrate your downloaded file into AdAware Personal SE.
I do not know if the same applies to the new AdAware 2007 version.
Perhaps someone else can help with that.

cocteau48 09:49 12 Jul 07

If new AdAware 2007 version : just found this on Lavasofts FAQ page
click here
hope it helps

thumbscrew 10:19 12 Jul 07

Thanks again Cocteau, I've just downloaded the latest version and it seems to be on. Started scan and immrdiately told me I had 136 infections??? Much longer scan time and I have to leave for work now and terminate...I'll do it again tonight. Anyone know how to clear threats at end of scan?

thumbscrew 10:24 12 Jul 07

Ps, I still can't uninstall the old version, something about unable to find some file. Anyone know how to remove it?

cocteau48 11:02 12 Jul 07

I am sure that 2007 version installed over the top of SE version which did not require uninstalling (or self uninstalled)
If however you have some form of corruption of SE with missing files I would suggest a reinstall of SE followed by an uninstall of same.

thumbscrew 21:26 12 Jul 07

Thanks pal for all your help...really appreciate it. Followed your advice and it worked. What do you think of the 2007 version...very complex.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…