Ad-aware updates and NTL

obbit 22:52 29 Dec 04

Anybody trying to update Ad-aware SE1R24 using NTL BB connection will get the message "NO UPDATED COMPONENTS AVAILABLE" That is until Friday if we are lucky perhaps tomorrow Thursday.

I have sent email no 4 to NTL about this sorry state of affairs. I don't hold much hope in getting a reply as they haven't answered the first 3 upto date.

If you would like to send them an email too it might make a difference. click here

I sometimes disconnect the modem by unplugging the power lead and using a dial-up connection that way I get the update.

click here for a dial-up service other than NTL.

Pamy 23:10 29 Dec 04

saved

kyprosman 23:19 29 Dec 04

I'm on NTL Broadband and was getting the no update available so I went straight to Lavasoft site click here and manually downloaded the file. Then installed it to the Adaware folder.

pat2068 01:17 30 Dec 04

i have phoned NTL tec support twice and one advisor told me that they cache web pages another advisor tells me thay dont so can get nowhere with them leo

Andsome 08:40 30 Dec 04

If you visit the lavasoft website as suggested by kyprosman, the new files will download as a zip file. Choose desktop because it is easiest. Double click the icon and you will be given the option to unzip the file. Choose drive C and open that then scroll down to program files and highlight Adaware. Click to unzip. You will be told that the program already contains a file labelled defs, and do you want to replace this file, choose yes to all. If you then re-open Adaware you will see that the new defs are installed by looking at the date shown there. You can then safely delete the zip file from your desktop.

pj123 11:57 30 Dec 04

Good news! I am on NTL and just tried again. Download now available for NTLers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…