Ad-Aware update

hoverman 09:40 22 Aug 03

An update 01R211 was available this morning but failed to download - progress bar stops at about 1% or 3%. I aborted and then found that the reference file was corrupted and had to do a repair via Add/Remove progams. Has anyone managed to install the new update?

Jester2K II 09:43 22 Aug 03

Yes thanks.

Djohn 09:49 22 Aug 03

Did it just know, went in fine, thanks for the reminder and the warning. j.

hoverman 09:57 22 Aug 03

Had to do a complete re-install before the update would download. All OK now - many thanks for your replies.

updated with no problems here, so thanks for the 'heads up'

alcudia 12:32 22 Aug 03

I can't get it at all. Every attempt stops. Reference file is corrupt. Have re-installed four times. Will try again later. Looks like it only affect some of us. I wonder why though.

hoverman 13:15 22 Aug 03

My first couple of attempts at re-installing did not solve the problem. I was finally successful by uninstalling Ad-aware in Add/Remove programs, and then deleting the Lavasoft folder in the 'program files' folder before re-installing.

hoverman 16:52 22 Aug 03

bump

alcudia 16:58 22 Aug 03

Still can't get it. I have now tried three machines with no joy. Any idea what's going on.
All I've got now is three corrupt reference files. I think I'll give up until Tuesday.

rawprawn 16:59 22 Aug 03

Thanks for the reminder, updated no real problems. Perhaps a bit slower than is usual.

alcudia 17:00 22 Aug 03

Sorry, should have added I did just what you did, and went through the registry and got rid of what was left. I see what happens next week.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…