Ad-aware : uninstall problem.

Alan Ryan 09:07 26 Nov 03

If I select the Ad-aware program in Control Panel Add/Remove, the uninstall procedure is stopped by a prompt that reads: Wise Uninstall: Could not open INSTALL.LOG file.
Can anyone explain what's going on here, please, and how I can work around this obstacle. Thanks.

wags 09:21 26 Nov 03

You should use adaware's own uninstaller: start-programs-Lavasoft-uninstall. I have done this several times when uninstalling prior to installing the later version of this excellent freeware, without any problems.

Alan Ryan 09:26 26 Nov 03

Thanks, wags. I don't know why this didn't occur to me. I'll give a go right away.

Alan Ryan 09:38 26 Nov 03

Still hit the same buffer from this route. What is the Unwise.exe file ? Should I just delete it and then try the Uninstall again ?

Jester2K II 09:41 26 Nov 03

Reinstall it then uninstall. Part of the Uninstall information has become corrupt. The Uninstall icon on the Start Menu and the Add / remove Programs entry do exactly the same thing so the same problem will be encountered.

Alan Ryan 09:50 26 Nov 03

OK Jester, I'll do what you suggest and see what happens. My reason for uninstalling this useful program in the first place was because it wasn't
running properly and I hoped to download a later version.

Alan Ryan 10:17 26 Nov 03

Have followed your instructions and now have the latest Ad-aware version running perfectly. Thanks a lot.

Jester2K II 10:18 26 Nov 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…