Ad-aware SE spyware cookies

CurlyWhirly 01:49 28 Nov 04

I keep getting the SAME spyware cookies every time I run Ad-aware SE so I was wondering is there a way to add them to Internet Explorer's Restricted list?
Can I just type them in and ADD them?
I think that I can but I would just like to be sure!

hugh-265156 02:09 28 Nov 04

cookies are harmless (data miners)

delete all but they will come back. this site uses cookies to remember your log in name and password so you dont have to re type it each time. no personal info or anything like that is collected.

they will come back. dont worry about them. delete them all but dont forget your passwords on websites as you will need to re enter.

hugh-265156 02:11 28 Nov 04
  GaT7 02:24 28 Nov 04
  temp003 07:31 28 Nov 04

Yes, you can. Just, as you say, type it in, in Internet Options, Privacy, Sites. The domain name will do, such as gator .com

CurlyWhirly 12:27 28 Nov 04

I have followed temp003's advice and in future I will add unwanted cookies in my Privacy list as explained in his 07.31 post.

I have also selected the option to 'Override automatic cookie handling' and chose to block ALL third party cookies.
This I hope will do the trick!

ribo 13:00 28 Nov 04

Can I hi-jack this thread and ask if my 3 reaccuring "critical objects" found every time I run Ad Aware are cookies and therefore not important.
They are Vendor-Tracking
Type - IE Cache
Category - Data Minder
If they are important, then how can I prevent them coming ?. Thanks Ribo

CurlyWhirly 13:19 28 Nov 04

These are the items that I am referring to.
The critical objects are just spyware cookies (well they are on mine anyway) and I expect they are relatively harmless.

Even so I don't want them to build up or they MAY cause me problems like slowing my internet connection down so I would rather stop them from getting on my PC in the first place!
Also it saves me from the hassle of having to delete them all the time!

ribo 14:34 28 Nov 04

Thank you very much.CurlyWhirly for your reply.Ribo

Stuartli 16:11 28 Nov 04

The simplest way is not to Block All Cookies in IE, but to accept First Party Cookies and Prompt for Third Party Cookies. You can then decided whether or not you wish to allow their use according to the website.

Most cookies are harmless and more of an irritation - SpywareBlaster will help keep out the unwanted elements and works in the background.

CurlyWhirly 20:18 28 Nov 04

I have done what you suggested.
I thought that by altering IE to Prompt it would create hassles but there is an option on the 'cookie question screen' with an option along the lines of 'apply this option to this website in the future' to cut down on the number of times you have to keep answering the cookie query of whether you want to block or allow a cookie!
Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…