Ad-aware SE Personal

VoG II 23:18 10 Aug 04

How to add an item to the "Ignore List" - it is greyed out.

hugh-265156 23:22 10 Aug 04

from help:

Note! Items can only be added to the ignore list from the Scan Summary, Critical Objects or Negligible Objects lists on the Scanning Results screen.

Add objects to ignore list
1. Run a scan with Ad-Aware

2. Select the objects you want to add to the ignore list in the Scan Summary, Critical Objects or Negligible Objects lists on the Scanning Results screen.

3. Right click and select "Add selected to ignore list"

4. A pop-up window showing the number of objects that will be added to the ignore list opens. Click "OK" to continue

VoG II 23:25 10 Aug 04

Yes, exactly. It is greyed out.

Thanks for the reply though.

hugh-265156 23:27 10 Aug 04

sorry VoG™

will have a scan and check my own to see

powerless 23:28 10 Aug 04

What's the item?

hugh-265156 23:33 10 Aug 04

hi VoG™

did you tick the item first and then try to add to the ignore list. if you dont its greyed out.

just in case.

mine is working ok.

VoG II 08:08 11 Aug 04

Tried ticking, unticking etc. Still greyed out.

I have Startpage Guard which sets a registry key to prevent manual changing of the Internet Explorer homepage. Ad-aware identifies this as a threat. In version 6 I just added it to the ignore list but now I can't.

I'll have a go with the new version of Ad-aware later on and see if that fixes it.

Taff36 13:15 11 Aug 04

I had this problem too. Ticking the box didn`t work with a right click. I had to highlight each line entry by left clicking the description (which also ticked the box) and then right clicking. It wouldn`t work if you ticked say two boxes and then right clicked.

Seems to work for the latest build released yesterday anyway.

VoG II 17:41 11 Aug 04

Installed the new version and followed Taff36's instructions. Bingo!

Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…