Ad-aware problem updating

muscic lover 17:37 09 Mar 03

Using ad-aware on windows Me with a (fairly) aqequate setup.
I want to update the files that ad-aware uses to scan for unwelcome visitors. It is Ad-aware5 that i am using, with no problems! BUT.....
I want to know if adaware has update files, if so where are they located (i've looked and cat see them about).
Where do i install them to? Do they go in the ad-aware file system, or whereabouts would be a good place to file them.
I am not a whizz kid or technical powerhouse of knowledge unlike some of you out there..... So any knowledge of how to achieve my aim would be appreciated!

OR does anybody know of better software to use?

Thanks in advance

Djohn 17:43 09 Mar 03

Music Lover, Bring the program up on screen, (As though you where going to do a scan), and look at the top right of the Ad-aware window, you will see a small globe Icon, click on that, and it will do it all for you. J.

leo49 17:44 09 Mar 03

Adaware5 has been replaced with version 6 which is not just an update but a brand new version. There are no more updates for version 5.

Uninstall the old version before installing the new for which any updates referred to on this forum are for.

Regards

muscic lover 17:52 09 Mar 03

have looked at the start page , there is no globe icon that i can see (must get some glasses I think!)
There are just the 3 options to choose including Scan, but in the top right there are just the 3 minimise maximise and resize buttons.... no globe on the page anywhere!
Woe!

VoG™ 17:56 09 Mar 03

Version 6 click here

Djohn 17:59 09 Mar 03

My sincere apologies!, it's me that needs an update. leo49 is correct, we are now on version 6, and that is where you will find the Icon that does all the work for you.

Off to the opticians in the morning, and may pick up another brain cell as well. :o)

muscic lover 18:13 09 Mar 03

Vog, the version that you pointed to loads up version 5.83.
Can you point me in the right direction for version 6?
Many thanks
Expectation rising?!

VoG™ 18:16 09 Mar 03

How odd - try this click here

Forum Editor 18:22 09 Mar 03

there's actually a text link "Check for new updates now" in addition to the globe icon.

muscic lover 18:36 09 Mar 03

VOG, Djohn, LEO 49 and of course forum editor.

Have now got version 6 up and running , and it found 4 things that 5.83 missed (I did a scan before uninstalling. Version 5 said - all clear)

Thanks very much and you have made a 37 yr old a very happy man .
Seriously though, VERY MANY thanks to you all! apprecited, respect !

Music lover

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009