Ad-aware problem

Meshuga 21:13 24 Aug 04

I already have the latest version of Ad-aware which is 1.3 personal and every time I go to run it it tells me that my definitions file is SE1 R1 and is 15 days old and I should download the latest updates. This is in spite of the fact that i have already downloaded SE1R5. It seems that whenever I shut down it loses the update and reverts to the previous one. How can I get the update to stay put please. Meshuga.

Djohn 21:18 24 Aug 04

There were 2 release of the new SE version. The first one had a bug that does as you describe, the second release was about 24 hours later and works fine. Try un-installing your present version and downloading again as the second release will hold the updates. j.

Meshuga 21:22 24 Aug 04

Didn`t know about that. Will do as you say and download latest from Lavasoft. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 21:40 24 Aug 04

Have successfully downloaded new version of Ad-aware and all appears ok now. Thanks again. Meshuga.

Djohn 21:44 24 Aug 04

Your very welcome Meshuga. You will find it OK from now on. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…