Ad-aware problem

Meshuga 21:13 24 Aug 04

I already have the latest version of Ad-aware which is 1.3 personal and every time I go to run it it tells me that my definitions file is SE1 R1 and is 15 days old and I should download the latest updates. This is in spite of the fact that i have already downloaded SE1R5. It seems that whenever I shut down it loses the update and reverts to the previous one. How can I get the update to stay put please. Meshuga.

Djohn 21:18 24 Aug 04

There were 2 release of the new SE version. The first one had a bug that does as you describe, the second release was about 24 hours later and works fine. Try un-installing your present version and downloading again as the second release will hold the updates. j.

Meshuga 21:22 24 Aug 04

Didn`t know about that. Will do as you say and download latest from Lavasoft. Regards, Meshuga.

Meshuga 21:40 24 Aug 04

Have successfully downloaded new version of Ad-aware and all appears ok now. Thanks again. Meshuga.

Djohn 21:44 24 Aug 04

Your very welcome Meshuga. You will find it OK from now on. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…