Ad-aware Plus 6 & Ad-Watch 3.0

hoverman 19:42 29 Jan 03

Since yesterday I have had a small problem shutting down my PC. It would only 'Turn Off' or 'Restart' on the second attempt. I have traced this to Ad-Watch 3.0 which was installed as part of Ad-Aware Plus 6 yesterday. I had set Ad-Watch to load on boot-up. I find that if I terminate it first then my PC will 'Turn Off' or 'Restart' at the first attempt. Has anyone else experienced this? My OS is XP. I have e-mailed Lavasoft for their comments.

GORAL 22:03 29 Jan 03

I also installed Ad-Aware Plus 6 and Ad-Watch 3.0 yesterday but (touch wood) it has not caused any problems. Only difference I can see is that I chose NOT to load it on boot-up. Hope this might help. Would be interested to hear what Lavasoft say = if they bother to reply - I had recent problems getting a response from them despite having PAID them.

MAJ 22:18 29 Jan 03

Yes, same problem here, hoverman. Also running XP, the pro version.

Stokey 23:44 29 Jan 03

Apparently there were only ever 3 people involved with Lavasoft. According to the "security" sites around the web, there has been a major falling-out between these chaps and now just one of them has said (about three months ago I think) that he alone would start up again in Feb 03 with a new version. I would imagine that he does not give answering email much priorty at the moment and this is the reason only very few people are getting any response.

Ironman556 00:44 30 Jan 03

Is it only the plus version that's released? I can't download the free version until "the beginning of February"

hoverman 06:43 30 Jan 03

The version released a couple of days ago was for registered users who had paid for Ad-Aware Plus. The free version for others will not be available until February.

I had a response within a couple of hours from Melanie Boston at Lavasoft. She said this issue is currently being investigated. Will post their findings when I hear further.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…