Ad-aware (please read and don't hang up)

golfpro 08:06 19 Apr 04

In one of my posts recently, I was moaning about not being able to update my Ad-aware (build 162) someone replied, gaz I think, and said just to re-download a new Ad-aware program and this will update me. My question is, do I have to un-install my present A/W program first, or will the new download up-date this automatically. Or have I got this totaly wrong!!!!

Diodorus Siculus 08:12 19 Apr 04

Best to uninstall the old version, but it is possible to install the new one over it.

Stuartli 08:19 19 Apr 04

I've never had a problem installing over the existing version.

rawprawn 08:22 19 Apr 04

Like stuarti, I have never had a problem installing over the old version.

golfpro 08:27 19 Apr 04

One more question: Is it better to download from the Lavasoft site, or use one of the third party sites (download.com/Tucows etc.) or doesn't it matter??

Chegs ® 08:34 19 Apr 04

It doesn't matter which site you d/l from,its available from several sources to ensure the files are quickly d/l'ed.

Stuartli 08:42 19 Apr 04

As Chegs ® says it doesn't matter.

What does is that you check regularly for updates.

It's also a good idea to add SpywareBlaster and S and D 1.2 to complete a high level of protection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…